Monday, February 04, 2008

OBAMA.

I have a hard time getting excited about any presidential candidate, because I believe an elections system that allows so many millions to be spent, and denies much intelligent debate, is profoundly corrupt.

I believe that social movements -- unions, civil rights groups, the grassroots -- are the engine for major social change, and that it is a mistake to hang too many hopes on one federal official, no matter how charming or influential.

HOWEVER, I must say that I am beginning to get excited about the spirit and the strategy of Barack Obama, and I invite you to ..

watch a rockin' music video, at http://www.dipdive.com/

and read some analysis from my man Paul Loeb:
A Dozen Reasons Why This Edwards Supporter is Backing Obama
How Obama Could Create a Long-Term Democratic Majority


No comments: